Monday, June 17, 2013

Set The Timer!

Just to prove I can do cards quickly I decided to create a card based on the previous one I made and time myself.  I felt very rushed doing it under the pressure of the timer and, of course, when you are trying to be fast, things get in the way (draws close on your fingers and washi sticks to your scissors!).  From start to finish it took me 8 minutes to complete the card. If I wasn't so anal about inking the edges of things it would've been quicker. I just had to ink the edges of the arrows (with a stamping marker). It really did make a difference as they now look like they have some depth to them (as if they are cut from chipboard rather than just cardstock).I actually made two as you will see from the picture:




Apologies for the photo.  I did load a second one that is better but it still doesn't show them off very well. If I tilt my laptop downwards away from me then I can see the details on the bottom of the picture. Hope that helps - apologies if you have a PC!
 
So, in 16 minutes I have 2 cards for my stash - brilliant. Mind you, the 16 minutes does not include clean up!  I think I am getting a little bored with this sketch now; as I am sure you are. Time to look for a new sketch to work with methinks.

I am entering these cards in two challenges:

Simon Says Stamp n Show - Kraft. Kraft is the base for these cards and I took inspiration from one of the cards on their blog which had the combo of white ink on kraft.  The details are here .

Southern Girls Challenge - Give It An Upper Cut and Punch It Out. Their challenge requires you to use a punch or die cut. I used an arrow punch on my cards. The details for the challenge are here  .

Materials:
Kraft (Ormolu), Washi (7 Gypsies, Somi, other), White Cardstock (Stampin' Up!),
Arrow Punch (EK Success), Stamp (Kaisercraft), Ink (Stampin' Up!), Red Pen (Stampin' Up! - for inking the edge of the arrows).






2 comments:

  1. Sweet cards! Thank you so much for sharing your krafty ideas with us at Simon Says Stamp and Show!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Anna-Karin! Thanks for providing the challenge to get my crafty mojo going :)

      Delete