Wednesday, June 12, 2013

Another Quickie

And I swear this card really did come together really quickly - 15 mins or so. That's really quick for me!

Remember this card from a while ago?


Remember me saying that this would be really quick to recreate with washi tape? Well, that's exactly what I did and it really was quick. This time I made it more masculine as it is for my Dad who had a birthday earlier this month. Here it is:


No arrows this time; I  had planned on using photo corners on their side as arrows but thought these gems worked better instead.  I have a confession on the card. I originally pitched the diagonal too high and the washi strips ended up too close to the top of the card. Thank goodness washi tape is so forgiving! I was able to carefully prise the pieces up and relay them on the card - and you wouldn't even have known if I didn't tell you.

I am entering this card in two challenges: A Blog Named Hero and Simon Says Stamp.

A Blog Named Hero's challenge is to make a masculine card -  the card is for my Dad so I'm sure it counts. The details are here  .

Simon Says Stamp's challenge is to make a card with a transport theme - the vintage cars on the washi tape count right? I hope so! The details are here  .

Materials: Kraft (Ormolu), Washi (Teressa Collins - grey, Typo - blue grid and argle, Somi - cars and vintage), Pearls (Kaisercraft), Stamp (Kaisercraft), Ink (Archival), Corner Chomper (WRMK).

4 comments:

  1. Love designs that can be used in different ways, as you've shown us here! Love those classic car images! Thanks so much for playing along with us at A Blog Named Hero!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Ardyth! I agree, it's great to find a style that you can recreate again and again.

      Delete
  2. Super cute. Love the use of washi. Thanks for playing along with the TRANSPORTATION challenge over at the SImon Says Stamp Challenge Blog this week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Cheiron! The washi made it so much quicker. I'm so glad one of the washi had vintage cars in it so I could enter the SSS Transportation challenge.

      Delete