Monday, January 21, 2013

What Am I known For + Washi + + +

Another creation for a couple of challenges today. The first challenge is for Simon Says Stamp - Use Washi Tape. I have quite a stash (and did order a few more rolls over the weekend - but only to support a kiwi girl just starting out mind!) but I don't use a lot of it. I wasted quite a bit trying first this one, then that one and then I tore some paper as I lifted it one too many times. Never fear, what wasn't ruined is still stuck to my clear desk covering waiting for the next project - waste not; want not.



Where's the washi you say?  It's the black strip running horizontally.  This layout was based on a sketch from the Better Scrapbooking newsletter last week and I was going to enter it for their challenge too but I just realised today that that challenge closed on Sunday. The layout was completed in time but I wanted to submit it to an Aussie mag before I loaded it online.  That flower on it is not stuck down; it was only added now as I took another look at the sketch and saw the embellishment spot on it and realised I should at least see how it looks with a flower on it. Turns out it needed the flower! I will write the important details and glue it down once I have finished blogging for the day.

Megan at Better Scrapbooking has extended the sketch challenge so I am submitting this layout for that now too (yay me!)

I'm also going to load this layout to Simon Says Stamp & Show Challenge: What are you known for?
I am known for using my stash and altering things to suit the project (instead of buying a complete matching collection - too expensive for my budget!).  On this layout I altered plain chipboard by embossing them with pink embossing powder. I often try and colour my titles to match doing this or colouring with markers/ink.  I have tried this technique before not as successfully as I would have liked and this layout was the same! The embossing powder isn't even and the chipboard layers lift. The pieces blow away under the heat gun and they are hot! Someone remind me to just give up and buy matching chipboard letters!

I'm also known for inking the edges of everything! If it's going to be glued down it's going to have it's edges inked (and most days I remember before adhering them to the layout - most days).

My final challenge entry is for A Blog Named Hero's - Golden Oldie Challenge (again) as I used one of my favourite, old Hero Arts stamps (Write Your Message). Love the mix of simplicity and elegance of the message lines!

Details:
Simon Says Stamp - Use Washi Challenge:
http://www.simonsaysstampschallenge.blogspot.co.nz/2013/01/simon-saysuse-washi-tape.html
Simon Says Stamp & Show - What Are You Known For?
http://www.simonsaysstampandshow.blogspot.co.nz/2013/01/challenge-what-are-you-known-for.html
A Blog Named Hero - Golden Oldie
http://ablognamedhero.blogspot.co.nz/2013/01/challenge-18-golden-oldie.html
Better Scrapbooking Gallery Challenge - Challenge 3 www.betterscrapbooking.co.nz

Materials:
Cardstock, Paper (MME), Washi (Lawn Fawn), Chipboard (Bella, American Crafts), Flower (Prima), Paper Strips (K&Co), Stamp (Hero Arts),  Ink (Versa, Stazon, Stampin' Up!), Bling



4 comments:

  1. Wonderful layout! Great colors and design! Thanks for joining us for the Simon Says Stamp Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Sarah! I enjoyed the SSS Valentines Blog Hop today too!

      Delete
  2. Fabulous layout! Love how you have colour matched your product to match your papers šŸ˜€Thanks for joining us at Simon Says Stamp and Show!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Tracey. The photos weren't the best but I tried to lighten them with my colour choices. Thanks SSS for providing the challenge for me to scrap with :)

      Delete