Thursday, January 17, 2013

Ueber Excitement Going On!

Nope, that's not a typo it's just the updated spelling of a u + umlaut (I also can't remember how to access the alternative keyboard).  It was quite ironic (annoying) that right at the end of my studies of German  'they' introduced new rules removing the umlaut and replacing it with an 'e' after the vowel instead. They also removed the symbol for double 's' meaning you had to write 'ss' instead.Not so pretty looking any more. Sigh, change is good so they say. Good old 'they' ;-)

Anyways, uber exciting news for me (that looks a little better, but still wrong).  I mentioned earlier that I had submitted a layout I created on Wednesday to two mags. Well, Scrapbooking Memories Australia have requested it for publication! Uber excited!!! It is not confirmed until I send them the layout and they photograph it then make final decisions for galleries. Fingers crossed!!! I've never been this close before. Sadly, it means I can't show it to you until 2 months after it is published (if it is published).  Once you see the faces of my nephews in the pictures you will scream with laughter (totally scrap worthy!).

I'll stop boasting, I mean sharing, now.

4 comments:

  1. Congratulations Manda, hope they accept it for you - the wait can be a little long at times. lol
    Keep submitting, don't forget Australian Scrapbook Ideas as well, they are always looking for nice layouts to show off :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the tip Sandie. I just made an 'oopsie' on the layout I was creating today so I will have to come up with a whole new layout now to submit to that magazine as well :)

      Delete
  2. always Ueber exciting when you are published - fingers crossed for you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Mrs Frizz! I've still got everything crossed and I'm sure I'll blog (skite) here if I get a publication contract :)

      Delete