Wednesday, January 16, 2013

A Golden Oldie

This card was supposed to be for a Simon Says Stamp challenge but true to my form it closed yesterday! Luckily, it also fits the bill for the latest A Blog Named Hero challenge #18 - Golden Oldie.  The idea behind this one is to use an older stamp. Unfortunately, the stamp I used here was for another challenge and therefore not a Hero Arts one. I was also making a card specifically for the Blog Named Hero challenge with a Hero Arts stamp but it is still in pieces. I just need to decide on the final stamp on the cover and finish it. I wonder if I can submit more than one card to each challenge?



I have scraplifted (what's the card version of that saying?) my card from Lisa Carroll for Simon Says Stamp.  The colour scheme also came from Simon Says Stamp: Black/white + a splash of colour. The happy birthday in the middle isn't very clear but I'm sure the BFF will know what it says when she receives it next week. Thanks goes to Jennifer McGuire too as she gave me the idea to colour my bling with copic markers. The gems were originally just clear.

Materials: Stamp (Stampendous and unknown), ink (Stampin' Up!), copic marker, border punch (Stampin' Up!), bling (Kaisercraft), embossing ink (Stampin' Up!), cardstock Stampin' Up! and unknown)

Here's the link to Challenge #18 - Golden Oldie - at A Blog Named Hero.
http://ablognamedhero.blogspot.co.nz/2013/01/challenge-18-golden-oldie.html

I am hoping it is ok to mention Simon Says Stamp here because SSS sponsors both blogs - apologies if not acceptable!

2 comments:

  1. Love your card, Manda! Inking the edges of the white mat is GENIUS... gives some extra pop of color and definition! :) And your embossing is super sharp, WOW! Love it... bet your friend will, too. ;) Great job! xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Lisa - it's all thanks to you really :-) I ended up stamping in white ink and drawing over with a standard scrapbooking marker (red)instead of embossing it as I was worried the embossing wouldn't be clear. I can't resist the urge to ink all of my edges of everything on my creations! If it's going to be glued down, it has to have it's edges inked

    ReplyDelete