Monday, January 21, 2013

Tim Holtz Tag

Tim Holtz is continuing his '12 Tags of' series this year and I have attempted a version of January's tag myself! As usual I saw his tag and thought: I have most of those items; I should give it a go! Did I have Grungeboard? No. Did I have the gears? No. Did I have all the colours? Nope. Did I have the bulldog clip? No - not even an old, non-crafty one. Did I have the same embossing folder? No. Did I have the stamps? No, but ones similar enough. Substitution is fine I'm sure. For once I am really pleased at how it turned out! (Yes, I did just admit that out loud). Ta Da!




What did I have that Tim used? Why, the film strip, the new metallic distress stains, spinners and the stickers. To be honest I had most of the distress ink (not the orange but rusty hinge worked fine) and I am building up my stash of distress stains (I did have the weathered wood one in my cart for my last order but took it out). I'm just happy cos I got to create and it turned out fine!



2 comments:

  1. Your tag turned out fabulous even without the TH items you mentioned! I really like how the metallic Distress Stains look. Love the textures, too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jocelyn! It was my first play with my new metallic stains - gotta build up that TH stash bit by bit (but then he brings out awesome new releases twice a year!)

      Delete