Tuesday, January 15, 2013

How Can You Not Love A Face Like That?

How's your new year going? Did you set any new year's resolutions? I'm going to keep my personal crafting challenge of using more of my stash. I lost my mojo for a wee bit (more on that later) but today I have a layout on my desk that is coming together. It is just waiting for me to finish blogging to come and adhere everything down, add journaling and final touches. I'm thinking of submitting it which means I can't show it to you yet.

It is summer here in New Zealand and my craft space is the hottest room in the house; fortunately it is the warmest one in winter. The weather turned cooler and rainy this week - perfect for creating.  I'm so grateful for a boss who told me to take the rest of the week off - how convenient! I'd had a short break over Christmas but the rest of our summer break just flew by without any creating (more on that later). Thanks boss; I will make the most of my free time!

Last, the reason for my loss of mojo and lack of time over my summer break was that my beloved dog became suddenly ill the day after I returned home from holiday. My boy was almost 9 years of age but I thought I would have him much longer. The vets had been telling me what signs to look out for concerning his heart but I didn't expect it to fail so quickly and suddenly!  He was a real treasure to me and my family - every one's name had a prefix of Aunt, Uncle or a title like Gma, Gdad, big sis when we talked to him. He was the 5th grand child to my parents and my 'best boy'.  This boy was loved I tell you. I had to make the difficult choice of allowing him to go to peace even though I wanted to keep him to myself for much longer.  I know that my sadness will not last forever but the joy he brought to my life and the life of other's will last much longer than the sadness.


How can you not love a face like that?
Thanks for the love and memories Mr Brown and know that you will always be my favourite.

No comments:

Post a Comment