Monday, October 8, 2012

Show Us Your...

This weekend the BFF and I had a lovely time creating together. It had been a long time, something to do with her having 3 little munchkins. The oldest, Miss 4 1/2, joined us for most of the time. She looked so cute at her little table creating away. I was the lucky recipient of, not one, but two of her fantastic creations. Bonus - they each came with a picture of either her or her next youngest sister attached. I think we have a wee scrapbooker in the making :)

We challenged ourselves to undertake a challenge. We chose the challenge from Southern Girl's Challenge Blog which was: show us your spots/stripes. Here's the link: http://southerngirlschallenge.blogspot.co.nz/2012/09/show-us-your-spot-stripes.html

This was particularly challenging for me as I had to try to decide what to bring. I had an idea in my mind and I wanted to use things from my stash that maybe haven't ever been used. I grabbed a very old paper pad, a fiskars stamp set plus a coordinating punch, two Tim Holtz distress markers, one small versa ink and two pieces of scrap ribbon that had fallen on the floor. Thanks goodness the BFF has a mighty stash like mine so I could raid her Stampin' Up! pens and foam tape (which I forgot). I'm not so proud of the card but I'm happy I survived my own personal challenges: scrapping with what I have on hand and using older items from my stash.



What did I learn during my crafting day? The punch I grabbed didn't match the stamp set :) The Fiskars punch is only for paper. EK Success punches go through cardstock but even though the shapes may be identical and the same size they don't necessarily match up. I learned the last one when I made a second card (not spots or stripes) and tried punching through cardstock with the punch. Stuck! My BFF had a matching EK Success one but guess what? The scallop edges don't match up. Out came the scissors.

Here's that link again if you want to give it a go yourself and show us your spots and stripes ;)http://southerngirlschallenge.blogspot.co.nz/2012/09/show-us-your-spot-stripes.html

Well, I went to upload the link and the challenge expired 2 hours ago! Note to self: check expiration times more carefully. Fingers crossed for the BFF's entry

No comments:

Post a Comment