Monday, October 8, 2012

It's Spring and Yet There Is A White Out

It's spring here in New Zealand but there has been a definite white out around here. The current challenge at A Blog Named Hero is White Out. You can only use white cardstock and no patterned paper. I pulled out my new favourite (Hero Arts/Studio Calico Lattice Background) and tried a new technique. Out came the red ink just because I love red. Here's my creation.


My original idea was to make a portrait orientation card but the embossing folder worked better this way. I inked the flat side of the embossing folder with red ink. The punch out for the gratitude stamp is from my punch out sample container. The punch is placed in the middle of the inside top page and the embossing is in the middle of the inside bottom page. I've started using both inside pages in my card embellishing. The gratitude stamp is from a definition stamp set that I haven't used much (at all). The embossing folder set may not have been used before this challenge either.  Are you sensing a theme in this post and the last one? You'd be right if you think I am challenging myself to use items from my stash - especially older items that may never have been used. (hangs head in shame)

This was a thank you card for the BFF. I came home from work one day recently to find a lovely "just because" parcel in my letterbox. The card she sent with it was awesome too! She puts my card making to shame.

Here's the link for the A Blog Named Hero challenge: http://ablognamedhero.blogspot.co.nz/2012/10/challenge-13-white-out.html

Let's hope I haven't missed this deadline too!





2 comments:

  1. This is such a gorgeous CAS card! Love the red and white together. Thanks for playing along with us at A Blog Named Hero :)

    ReplyDelete