Saturday, November 9, 2013

Heidi Swapp Frame

Remember this frame from CAD earlier this year?



I took the mini album out and filled it with pictures from a trip to OZ (already blogged about) which left the frame free for my creative endeavours. Well, the frame went from " I love, love, love it" to  " aaaaargh! I've ruined it!" You see, I saw a video online for colouring texture paste so I coloured it with the Georgia Peach colour shine and added it to the frame through a lattice stencil - disaster!  Pity because I had stencilled charcoal over a damask stencil beforehand and that bit looked perfect! Out came the mouse sander and I then learned that texture paste is not easy to sand off! Dad to the rescue.

Once the offending texture paste was removed I started again. I was going to prime the wood with gesso but I couldn't get the lid off so I went for matt and rustic instead! Back to the damask stencil but this time I used an ink blending tool so that I could A) save my ink and B) add some areas darker than others. A few spritzes of Georgia Peach and then I dry brushed some blue paint on top. I painted the inside edges blue, a few more spritzes of Georgia Peach, and then I embossed the phrase on the back plate. Next up was to colour some flowers and decorate the frame. Finally it was back to "I love, love, love you" again.


No comments:

Post a Comment