Wednesday, November 13, 2013

Got Ink?

Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge Design Team Submission:
This frame was part of a class I did with Heidi Swapp in New Zealand. I loved the frame but decided to make it a project on it's own. I tried adding coloured texture paste through a stencil but it just did not look good in this case. I added paint to see if it improved - no such luck. Cue Dad with my mouse sander to take off my first attempt. I got him to stop while there were still remnants remained (coral and pale blue) and added black spray through a damask stencil - instant happy! Coral and pale blue sprays were used to tie it all together.  Lastly it was time to add the flowers, photo corners and the ring binder clip (cue handy Dad again!). I create little tags and pages periodically and add them to the clip. It is still one of my favourite projects.


No, I'm not going to talk tattoos; I'm talking about my frame again. Yes, It's still all about that frame. I am still in love with it and I am enjoying slowly creating and adding pieces to it. I made a canvas cover page for the album and I am submitting it to the Simon Says Stamp Got Ink? Challenge.  I simply coloured the canvas with Colour Shine - Coral is my new favourite colour!  I also 'made' a patterned overlay cover to go on top but I have decided to use that as the back page now as I like this canvas one to be seen clearly instead.




And now I will show you a closer view so you can see the ink splatters I added and read the message I embossed on to it. FYI embossing on canvas looks awesome!!!! Will repeat that again for sure :)


Still loving the frame and the phrase. Must remember to keep dancing even when its pouring! :)


Challenge Details: Simon Says Stamp Challenge Got Ink? The page is here.

Materials: Canvas, Kaisercraft (stamp), Embossing Powder, Heidi Swapp (Colour Shine), Eyelets (Provocraft), Versamark (ink)





2 comments:

  1. This piece is so beautiful! What a great idea to emboss on canvas! I've never tried that before although I do love to incorporate fabric into my projects. Thanks for showing me how amazing it can turn out! I also am wow'd by your frame and I can see how it would be an amazing accompaniment to any "inside picture" you wanted to create for it. This is a brilliant idea and I really feel inspired. Love the dimension that the flowers add, too. I'm so glad that I got to see this lovely piece and that you shared your talents with us here at the Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge blog!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for your lovely comments Andrea. I appreciate the time you have taken to read my post and leave your lovely comments. I'm still in love with this piece and will be for a long time to come :)

      Delete