Wednesday, October 11, 2017

World Card Making Day - A Scrapbook Layout

For World Card Making Day (WCMD) on Saturday, I ended up finishing a scrapbook layout on my desk!  I'm so happy to have finally finished it though, which means more to me than whipping up a card on a designated day. I choose scrapbooking over cardmaking any day!

This layout was based on a layout from the DCWV blog (Sept 15,2017).  I don't usually scraplift but I did like the look of this particular layout.  I was also inspired to use some old Hambly Screen Prints after following an online thread about them.  The thread made me realise that I too was a hoarder of printed transparencies and that I was not alone!  This inspired me to pull them out and use one.

Luckily, this week's challenge on Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge is: Not a Card Perfect!



As well as in the Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge mentioned above, I am entering this layout in the Simon Says Stamp Linkup for WCMD projects (I'm hoping that my project being a scrapbooking layout doesn't disqualify me!). The link for this is here

Materials:
Most of the items are from WRMK  (leftover from my CAD 2015 class with Vicki Bouton)
Cardstock: Bazill
Transparency: Hambly Screen Prints
Floral Trim: Retailgirl
Ink: Ranger
Permanent Marker: Sharpie (for journaling not shown in picture)
Number Stickers: Kiki-K (free gift with purchase ❤️)
Epoxy Circle: Studio112
Other: vellum scrap, metal trim (supplies for a fascinator that I made for a wedding)
Note: Ranger Perfect Pearls were added to an area after photographing)


2 comments:

  1. What a wonderful layout! There is so much to love here and I really like the color palette you chose. I also like how you went with a butterfly theme and repeated that in several places. Those flying beauties do reflect the happy feel you were going for so well! The picture is framed out perfectly and it was a real treat to see. I'm so glad you shared your talents and special memories with us for this week's Simon Says Stamp Monday Challnege!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Gosh, thanks Andrea for leaving such encouraging words on my post

      Delete