Wednesday, October 18, 2017

Altenew Sketch Challenge #AltenewSketch

It's another 'Not A Card' day on the blog again. I've been working on getting photos scrapped and documented instead of card making this week. Loving slaying my stash of photos!

Altenew had a Crafting Friends blog hop yesterday. While I was on their site, I checked out the Scrapbooking blog and discovered a sketch challenge. The details are here

Here's the sketch they have as their challenge:


They encourage you to use either elements of the sketch or the whole sketch as your inspiration. I liked the sketch, particularly the use of three photos. My photos of course were the opposite orientation! So I used 3x4" prints and cut a 4x6" down to suit. I also liked the blue/teal colours in the background paper on the sketch example.

This year I have been lucky to win a couple of store credits from Altenew and I was able to get: Marker Set A, Golden Peach Embossing Powder and Painted Inspiration stamp set. Because it is an Altenew challenge, I need to respect the rules and use mostly Altenew products. Boy, this gave me a good challenge given my limited Altenew supplies! Without much further ado, here's my layout:


I started by stamping and heat embossing on vellum with the only Altenew stamps and embossing powder I own and the layout came together after that. I added journaling lines with the peach Altenew marker (R302)  and decorative lines/arrows with the black Altenew marker (S). I also coloured clear bling with the peach marker to help them blend into the layout. You can do a lot with limited supplies. Here's a close up of the embossing and the faint journal lines:


I'm pleased to have three photos scrapped. Thanks Altenew for the challenge #AltenewSketch

Altenew Materials:
Altenew: Painted Inspiration Stamp Set , Golden Peach Embossing Powder, Markers S & R302

Other Materials:
Cardstock: DCWV
Patterned Paper: K&Co
Sparklets: Kaisercraft
Perfect Pearls: Ranger
Decorative Pearls & Blue dots: Retail Girl
Punch: Martha Stewart
Unknown: vellum, decorative bling I coloured

No comments:

Post a Comment