Tuesday, April 4, 2017

Simon Says Stamp Monday and Wednesday Challenge

It seems I have found my creative groove again after a long period of inactivity on the blog. Thank goodness.

This week I created a card for two challenges:
Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge: Make a Rainbow I even used Tim Holtz products!
Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge: Anything Goes

Some Distress Oxides arrived by courier today (ordered after my March #nospend ended - fail?).
I just had to sit down and play with them immediately - in my pjs! The background for this card was the first item I created. I wanted to see how the distress oxide inks would show up on Kraft card. I also tried stamping on black cardstock; at first the colours were vivid but when they dried they just gave a chalky finish with just a hint of colour. To start my collection I got: Cracked Pistachio, Broken China, Worn Lipstick, Fossilized Amber. (For this card I did not use Broken China)

I actually love these ink for just plain stamping on white card! I have a few (😜) distress inks but I mainly use them for inking the edges of things as I don't like the results when you use them with clear stamps. I also stick to dye based inks because I don't like waiting for pigment ink to dry and I'm too lazy to get out my heat tool! So, these new distress oxides will be a great resource for me.

Now on to my card.

When my dad saw the background on my card he said: "It's like a rainbow!".  I knew then that it definitely fit the Make A Rainbow challenge!


For some reason the sentiment stamping went awry on this card.  I don't know if it is because it is so humid in NZ at the moment (100% humidity) or maybe I pressed the stamp too hard into the embossing ink.  Unfortunately, I had already invested my time and supplies on this card so I m keeping it as is.

Materials:
Kraft Card: Ormolu
Inks: Ranger/Tim Holtz Distress Oxides, Ranger Embossing Ink
Stamp: Hero Arts
Embossing Powder: Celebrations of Australia
Number: American Crafts
Other: Chipboard, Scrap Ribbon.

4 comments:

  1. It looks awesome, the oxides work so well and the number really pops !
    Thank you for sharing with us at Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a fun card! Love the number and I think the stamping turned out cool, it fits with the background. Thank you so much for joining us in our rainbow challenge at the Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge Blog!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Anna-Karin. The rainbow challenge was perfect for my new distress oxides.

      Delete