Friday, January 2, 2015

It's Official

It's official - I'm a planner nerd. It happened overnight. I saw all these brilliant ideas on Instagram and wanted a pretty planner for myself! I would love a fancy KikkiK or Erin Condren planner but all I have is a spiral bound diary my mum got for me. I am planning on using it as a diary/memory planner this year. I want to document the every day, my spending, my activities, gratitude as well as play with ink and pretty things. So far it is going great! On the first day of the year I set to making a couple of pretty paperclips (first try) and a dashboard (I think that is what it is called). I stamped up some notepads for the dashboard (one for 'To Do' and one for 'Spending") and will change them out as I need to. I also ordered some erasable pens online - yes, erasable! They are awesome. So awesome that I had to get the only other colour available at my local stationers  as well (pale blue). So far I have: black, dark blue, pale blue, purple, red, pink and green.  I wish we had more colour options available in NZ - The set of 6 I ordered online from USA.   Here's the whole set up:





I don't know why the photo has rotated - sorry,. I'm not technical enough to fix this (it is in the right orientation in the original file!)


This year I purchased a Cinch machine and I was worried I might not use it enough - boy was I wrong! I use it regularly for adding things to my Heidi Swapp Memory Planner (just snip the holes to make a removeable item that also stays in place) and I intend on using it in the spiral bound diary as well (I can always add a bigger coil if it gets a bit too much). I used the cinch to make holes for the dashboard and I see myself using it to add little items in as the year goes on as well as photos. As you can see in the first photo I have already pre-punched the holes on the 'Spending' paper [pad] to add it into the diary when I am done with the week (it is adhered to the back of the dashboard). Excited much!



As you can see I can now tick "blog for SSS anything goes challenge" off the list!

One thing I made that I adored and still do is my sparkle page. I decided that Sparkle will be my One Little Word for 2015. Originally I was going to add this into my diary/planner but I think I will use it in my HS Memory Planner so that I can move it every month and still be reminded to sparkle. Don't you just love it?




Here's the back - a Project Life card from a Gold Foil pack



Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge has extended their Anything Goes challenges so I am entering these items this week. The Wednesday Challenge details are here  .

Materials: Heidi Swapp Ephemera, Maggie Holmes Ephemera, Becky Higgins Project Life Card, Stampin' Up! Stamp, Basic Grey Stamps, Teresa Collins Washi, Tim Holtz Stapler, Pilot Frixion Pens, Bling, Gold Paint Pen.

4 comments:

  1. It's good to have a plan, it's even better to have a planner...it's WAY cooler to be a planner nerd ( I am with you on that)! I love the spread of your new planner! Perfect for 2015! Thanks so much for playing Simon Says Stamp Wednesday “Anything Goes” Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Virginia - I think I'm officially hooked! Thanks for visiting.

      Delete
  2. Super cute planner. I haven't gotten in that yet... see the word YET! Very intriguing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Monika! The word YET is very handy :) there are supplies in my stash I haven't used YET!

      Delete