Saturday, May 14, 2011

Ta Da!

Still having trouble with blogger but I managed to get one blog post posted - let's try for another.
Here's the layout I created from the goodies from Create for Create. As usual things didn't go smoothly. The ink on the word memories matched the burgundy trim perfectly, that is, until I added Glass Finish to it! The beautiful, matching burgundy faded to a paler shade of red. Then, my favourite glue (Pritt Power Gel) ran out right when I needed to glue the plastic/chipboard bits down {while nearing a personal deadline too}. I had to use the same glass finish to attach the chipboard and the buttons. This is a great tip/glue for using on buttons/plastic but not so good on my Glass Finish Chipboard word - the ink ran, again, and became more orange then red. O well , still looks good and I am happy with the overall layout - it could work with any two landscape 4x6 photos.
The torn out strips are backed with printed tissue tape. To strengthen the torn out sections of the page while still retaining the opacity of the tissue paper I backed the torn bit with heavy acetate.
I had a lot of fun distressing everything - a new technique for me. It did feel a little unnerving using the Heidi Swapp Distresser, inking everything heavily and tearing! It was more nerve-racking because I was creating it for someone and it was going on display. At least, whenever I felt I had overdone it I could shrug it off and call it distressed!

No comments:

Post a Comment