Tuesday, May 3, 2011

I Couldn't Resist


I couldn't resist having a play with some of my new stuff. I grabbed a piece of scrap cardstock and cut out the new Ticket die. Then I had to stamp it up with the matching Tim Holtz stamps and distress inks. I love how they all work together. Not one to waste paper, I then played with the negative of the ticket die. Unfortunately I grabbed a glossy piece of paper to play with and the new ink didn't like it. The ink wasn't drying (smudged a bit) so I covered it with clear embossing ink and heat embossed it. What I didn't know was that this made the ink fade by at least two shades!
Things I learnt today:
I need lessons on my Fiskars Stamp Press
Glossy paper needs more skills than I have at this stage
Clear embossing powder causes distress inks to fade
Don't start playing on your day off before you do the jobs you need to do (I knew that already but I chose to ignore it!)

No comments:

Post a Comment