Wednesday, September 18, 2019

Inspired By - A Blog Named Hero Challenge

It's been a long time since I have participated in a challenge at A Blog Named Hero.  Maybe it means I mean some more Hero Arts stamps to inspire me :) The September challenge is: inspired by another crafter . I was inspired by Caren Bartholomew's card which was inspired by Jill Hawkins.

What inspired me in Caren's card was the watercoloured background over a heat embossed background stamp.  I pulled out a Hero Arts background stamp that I bought last year but hadn't used yet - shocking! A little funny side note: I thought the stamp was called Hello Darling because it had a label on it.  Turns out that it was just a Wordfetti sticker that had stuck to it LOL.

After heat embossing the background, I pulled out my new Vicki Boutin watercolour pens to watercolur a background.  In August, I attended Creative Adventure Downunder and took mixed media classes with Vicki.  I now feel more confident to give watercolour and mixed media a go.   I even watercoloured the white string and the card base - look at me go! You could say I was also inspired by Vicki Boutin for this challenge criteria.  Here's my card:



As mentioned above, I am entering this card at the September challenge at A Blog Named Hero - Inspired by Another Crafter

Materials:
Stamps: Hero Arts
Embossing Powder: Wow and Celebrations of Australia
Embossing ink: Ranger
Watercolour Pens: Vicki Boutin (American Crafts) and Momento
Washi: Mambi
Edger Punch: Martha Stewart
Other: string, scrap cardstock, Watercolour paper


No comments:

Post a Comment