Sunday, June 25, 2017

She's Done it Again: SSS and TN

Just a warning: I think you are going to see a lot of projects in my travelers notebooks in the next wee while.  They are such a great size and it's quick to whip up a simple layout.

Of course I checked out the Simon Says Stamp challenges to direct my creating.
The challenge at Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge is Let's Take a Vacation
The challenge at Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge is Use Patterned Paper (I did actually use some Doodlebugs washi on one of my pages seeing as the design team used Doodlebugs products)

Here's my title page documenting a trip I did in New Zealand at the end of May: (have fun pronouncing some of the kiwi place names, especially the second one)


For the title page I pulled out some new zing embossing powders I got on clearance at Spotlight ($5 each plus buy 2, get 1 free!). I may have bought three more today...


Patterned paper for the first pages:


That little dangly charm covering up some identifying details is something I altered.  It was a key fob but I added a faith charm, an apple charm from a very old design team kit, and I added a glass bead to the flower centre (part of the original piece).  The updated fob is now hanging from my green handbag.

The patterned paper journaling mat on this layout is actually the inside piece (scrap) that you cut out when you use the WRMK Frame Punch Board! Waste not, want not!



The 'LoL' and 'Love This' dies were a recent bargain purchase too.  I'm glad I put them to use straight away.

The last pages are a mix of stamps and die-cuts that I'd previously pre-cut.


The 'Love This' dies ended up on the next page.  That's enough photos for one post.

Materials:
Paper: Rosies Studio and scraps
Embossing Powder: Zing
Inks: Ranger
Stamps: Three Bugs in a Rug (Hampton Art), Scrappy Cat, Kelliestamps, Elles Studio, Hero Arts, Citrus Twist Kits, Technique Tuesday, Mama Elephant,
Dies: Kaisercraft, Maggie Holmes, Hero Arts, WRMK, Tim Holtz, Technique Tuesday
Washi: Doodlebug Design, Heidi Swapp, Copic (foil), Mambi
Embellishments: DCWV, Frames (scrap surrounds from some instax photo frames)
Pens: Stampin' Up!, Tim Holtz

2 comments:

  1. beautiful project, absolutely perfect for our challenge! Thanks for joining us this week on Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge Blog! Barbara

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Barbara! I've had fun putting this travel notebook together.

      Delete