Tuesday, September 1, 2015

SSS Anything Goes for Father's Day

The latest challenge over at Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge blog is Anything Goes! Perfect! It is Father's Day in New Zealand this weekend so I whipped up a card for Dad. I finally played with a stag die from the Maggie Holmes Open Book collection. Man, I coveted that die for so long but couldn't let myself spend NZ$50 on a die set just for one element! Luckily, I found it on clearance with an extra 50% off so I could justify the purchase (sometimes it is good working within minutes of a large chain craft store - other times  resisting the temptation is not so great!). Boy, I do love that stag die cut!


As you can see I kept things pretty simple by layering the die cut on a 3x4 pocket scrapbooking card and added a tag. Originally I wanted to emboss the stag die cut with a wood grain embossing folder but then I decided to do a plain card base and stamp it with a woodgrain stamp - genius! (even if I say so myself!). I also drew around the die cut to make it stand out and give the impression of it being 3D as if it was hanging on a wall.

For the inside I added a Happy Father's Day stamp but I wanted the sentiment to say more than that. I looked at my birthday verse stamps and decided to alter one to fit the theme.  I inked the verse stamp carefully avoiding getting ink on the word Birthday and then added the words Father's Day with an acrylic stamp afterwards. I think it looks as if it fits the theme of Father's Day and even as if I am highlighting the word Father's Day. What do you think?



The details for the challenge I am entering this card for are here at Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge.

Materials: Die - Maggie Holmes, Tim Holtz; Stamps - Pink & Main, Rubbadubbadoo, Hastings Art Stamps, Stampin' Up!; Ink and Marker - Stampin' Up, Pocket Scrapbooking Card - Kaisercraft; Other - Paper, Card (Unknown)

No comments:

Post a Comment