Tuesday, March 5, 2013

Chin Up Buttercup!

My friend needed cheering up and a wee care package. I made the following card for her using a stamp set from Amuse Studio. The stamp set was a promotion to support breast cancer and breast cancer awareness. It has wonderful sayings like: fight like a girl. When I saw the chin up buttercup saying I thought : when would I use that? Funnily enough it was perfect for this occasion. The card was based on a card I saw on the Bo Bunny blog last month but uses no Bo Bunny product at all (sorry Bo Bunny - I love your designs though!). Here she is (once you see it you will know why I said she) :


My friend is not a girly-girl but I couldn't resist the bling!  (I am a girly girl when it comes to bling)
The bling also covers up a small oopsie - when I cut the black cardstock neck piece too small and ended up with a gap between the neck and bodice. The cover up looks awesome though right? ;)

Here's the inside. The card had to cover a lot of bases and luckily I had a Stampin' Up! stamp set that does just that. All the appropriate sayings fit in the space - phew! The ampersand is from my favourite Melbourne store - Tempo.



From My Stash File: cordinations cardstock that I bought years ago and never used, double-sided Stampin' Up! paper from my stash (given to me), Punch (not used much), raspberry cardstock (from my scrap file), Spellbinders dies (first use, purchased at SENZ Chch 2010), bling (been there so long I can't remember when they came home with me). Yup, that's a lot of old stuff being used up so I can justify the new stuff I ordered yesterday (right?).

I am entering the card for the Simon Says Stamp Anything Goes Challenge: http://www.simonsaysstampschallenge.blogspot.co.nz/2013/02/simon-says-anything-goes.html

Materials:
Cardstock (Cordinations), Patterned Paper (Stampin' Up!), Dies (Spellbinders, MFT), Punch (EK Success), Stamps (Stampin' Up!, Tempo, Amuse Studio), Ink (Momento pen), Embossing Folder (Cuttlebug), bling, raspberry paper from my scrap file.

2 comments:

  1. This is lovely :) What a fabulous design, I love it. Thank you for joining us over at the Simon Says Stamp challenge, hugs, Dawny x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Dawny! This card has a lot more detail than I usually go to but I totally love it (my friend did too)

      Delete