Thursday, March 3, 2011

One Little Word for 2011: Hush




Here's a double sided layout that I mentioned earlier. It took me awhile but I really like it. It is based on a concept by Allie Edwards (love her stuff) which is having a word for the year. Previously, I will confess, that I thought the whole idea ludicrous. Who needs a word for a year and who needs to create a layout or piece of art as a reminder of the word? Turns out - I do and I did! I don't know how it happened but somehow I ended up wondering what my word would be and the word Hush popped in to my head. It really fitted with some personal things that I wanted to focus on and improve both for myself and for the people I love.




A word of warning here: the word Hush is not for people to use on me - that would illicit such a rapid and ferocious response from me that it would totally negate the Hush concept for me! It's just a visual cue to me for me to process. I added my journaling (what the whole thing means) behind the coloured photo on the cream/teal side and the tab keeps it closed (for my own personal perusal). The photo is of a painting I have hanging in my creative space. I absolutely love this painting/print and it fills me with such a sense of Hush (like you feel at a gallery amongst some masterpieces) so it was the perfect photo to use.

No comments:

Post a Comment