Saturday, February 29, 2020

My First Challenge For 2020

It's finally time for me to enter a challenge, my first one for 2020.  This week's challenge at Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge is Anything Goes.  Recently I sat down with leftovers from putting together the Vicky Boutin album with her Wildflower & Honey collection.  I loved  the cover sheet from the 6x8" paper pad.  The album used the entire paper pad so I didn't want the pretty printed piece to go to waste.  So I pulled out the leftovers from the album and sat down to create (and maybe I also had some more replacement Wildflower & Honey pieces I may have also bought because it is just such a lovely collection #dontjudgeme).




I then did a similar design on the back using just leftovers again.  I think this kind of crafting works because I had the whole collection so I knew it would work well together.  Usually I only buy limited items from a collection that I think I can use.  It is a luxury to craft with a whole collection.



I think I really enjoy the challenge of using leftovers and stretching my creative muscles by limiting my supplies.  It's amazing what you can do with just a little. That doesn't mean that I am emptying my craft room of the excess though! I love my stash.

I am entering these layouts at Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge : Anything Goes

Materials:
American Crafts Wildflower & Honey Collection by Vicki Boutin

Apologies for the photos being the wrong way! I am using my iPad and it won’t let me rotate them even though they are the right way originally. Plus I held off posting this until today so the date would show Leap Day.

No comments:

Post a Comment